Monday, September 21, 2009

So much has happened since our last post. I will follow up with a catch up on the news but now, a demo:-

Demo

I am demonstrating a preview of the ibook voice system V3.0 at voice.ibook.com. If you go there and enter br, you reach my ibook identity which tells you how to call me and leave voicechat messages in my daily journal.

Meet you there. Brian.

NB. Please be aware the demo is open without password restriction though not yet publicised. We have licencing and patents so I am OK with this from a technology point of view. More on how to use the system is at Brian Reynolds ibook identity and this tells you how to call or Skype me free of charge. Please do so if it is not obvious how to proceed.

I am looking for help to takes this further so we can enable voice to be as ubiquitous as text, see Invitation.

Marketing

I just used our voicecht demo to record my thoughts on network marketing and related subjects stimulated by Ray's question, “Have you thought of using a viral marketing approach?” They are playable from my journal page and the red phone link starting at message 2774 should play them to you through your browser and allow you to reply at any point with your thoughts.

Skype case now resolved so this is here solely for interest

I am working on an open letter to Skype and its founders and owners and my thinking relates to the open cooperative approach I am describing in my voice notes as Family Systems' direct market model for Personal Systems (as opposed to our OEM model for selling add-on features to web services companies which I also describe).

In this case I am considering suggesting that Skype support a cooperative add-on to supplement the Joltid proprietary one so the customer can choose and having the choice allows Skype to revert in reasonable stages to the terms of its agreement with Joltid. If you have any feedback please contact me via the ibook voice system described above or email br@ibook.com.

Interesting background, Computerworld comment , Skype at Wikipedia.

No comments: